Students who are admitted to Indiana University Bloomington as TSAP students in Social Work will have the opportunity to earn a Bachelor of Social Work.
Minimum Admission Requirements for the TSAP in Social Work at IU Bloomington
- Official student transcript verifying completion of the TSAP in Social Work and the STGEC at ITCC or VU must be received by the IU Bloomington Office of Admissions prior to July 1.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at ITCC or VU.
- Minimum grade of C in HUMS 101 (ITCC) or SOCL 153 (VU).
- Evidence of characteristics or potential required of competent social work practitioners as defined in the mission statement of the School of Social Work. Such evidence is derived from application materials submitted as part of the online application.
The IUB BSW program strongly recommends that Social Work TSAP students take the following courses as part of the first two years of the Social Work TSAP program at ITCC or VU:
- COMM 101 (ITCC) or COMM 143 (VU)
- BIOL 101 (ITCC) or BIOL 100 + BIOL 100L (VU)
It would also be advantageous for students to take one or both of the following courses if possible:
- POLS 101 (ITCC) or POLS 111 (VU)
- HIST 102 (ITCC) or HIST 140 (VU)
Students who wish to complete the Social Work TSAP at IU Bloomington must apply as a Social Work TSAP student concurrently to both Indiana University Bloomington and the IU Bloomington School of Social Work.
Students may be admitted as IUB Social Work TSAP students for the Fall term only.
The deadline for application to the IUB Social Work TSAP program is April 1.
Students must also meet all campus requirements for admission to Indiana University Bloomington. Admission to IU is selective, and we base our admission decisions on an overall evaluation of applicants' merits, strengths, and weaknesses. An applicant should demonstrate a combination of academic preparation, achievements, abilities, motivation, and maturity that promises success in Indiana University's academic programs. Simply meeting the published minimum requirements for a TSAP program does not guarantee admission to that program.